Wednesday 10 October 2012

What I Have Learnt


When filming our short preliminary task entitled 'The Package', I learnt a number of things during filming and editing as well as the writing process. During filming, I learnt how to use a tripod and camera but also I learnt what shots work best to create certain looks. For example, a fast zoom doesn't really tend to work in many scenes unless its trying to create a fast-paced shot. I also learnt that it is very hard to create a handheld shot that doesn't look like a complete mess! In a number of our shots, we also noticed that it was very hard to not get the tripod or our shadows in the reflection which we will try to improve on our next task.
          In editing, I learnt a lot about Final Cut Pro X and I now know how to cut shots into each other to make it look fluid and smooth. I also learnt how to put music and credits on top of the footage which is useful as I will definitely need to use it in future tasks.
I also learnt that in the process of creating our film, storyboarding is really useful in being able to plan out ideas before putting them together and also means that you are able to have a clear idea of what shots you need to film. This makes filming a lot quicker and more efficient as it is clearer what else you need to film and how much time you need etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment