Tuesday 7 January 2014

Ident Construction

Today I worked with the Motion package to create the ident. However, after working through the generators and playing around with them, I found a more interesting way to form the letter of the ident through swirls which could form an 'O':

I changed the colour of the swirls to make it look more professional so that it changed with the ident. I then wanted to create a matching colour scheme so I planned to make the title of the production company that same colour of the final 'O' and then incorporate possibly the white and lighter blues in other ways.
However, before I created the title, we needed to find a new title for our production company as we needed to fit it to the 'O'. We therefore looked up words that began with 'O' and were related to visual effects. We finally decided to use 'Oculus' which means an eye or round dome, and titled our production company 'Oculus Productions.'

I added movement to the title as well as the swirls so that the 'Oculus' appeared as soon as the swirls formed the 'O', and then added 'Productions' as a later flash underneath the main title. Like many other idents, I chose to keep the title frozen for a couple of seconds so that the title of the company was clear.



W.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment