Monday 30 December 2013

Graphic Font Samples - Posters


Although generally the title font used in the trailer is the font used on posters, in Blue Valentine the font used on posters is completely different to that used in the trailer. 

Trailer: 


Poster:

We wanted to explore this type of change in font and style so we looked at similar types of fonts on DaFont. If we recreated this style, we could still keep the simple fonts within the trailer and then use a completely different font on the poster. We liked how it is clearly a love story (aside from the tagline on the poster) through the 'V' as a heart and so looked for childish and clearly heart-shaped fonts.

JulesLove:

I really like this font as I think it works in conveying a style to do with love but at the same time is more interesting than being completely childish. However, I am slightly worried that this would also come across as a teen film as it could be seen as that.
KBBonjourSweetheart:

I really like the simplicity of this font. It would match very well with the simple font used in our trailer. It is also quite similar to the font used on the Blue Valentine poster. However, I think it may be too delicate and thin to be used on a poster as it would not draw the attention of the eye from our audience. 
Sweethearts:

Although I like how neat and simple this font is, I think is it very difficult to read. Also I think it is possibly too childish for the style we are aiming for.


However, when looking through the fonts, I also liked the look of these fonts for the poster as I feel they leave lots of room to play around with effects.

Roadway:
 Boarder:

W.H.




No comments:

Post a Comment